Seach The Maas Family Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Temper Lost

This morning was not a happy place for a good five minutes while I turned into Mean Mom. While the kids started to clean up the many messes that quickly appeared in my house, I came downstairs to check email and take a little time out. They came down after cleaning up the tasks I had left them and walked over to me. Emily hugged on my leg, Ben leaned into my side and Annie stood right in front of me. I said I was sorry for losing my temper. They all IMMEDIATELY said, "It's okay, Mom!" and gave me kisses. I said it wasn't okay because I am trying to teach them to stay in control of their voices (which they have done FABULOUS with this week), but then I lost it!

We went on to another conversation, when Annie got a confused look on her face. She wanted to know what it meant to lose your temper. I said that I got very angry very fast. Ben explained it best, "Losing your temper is when you run out of patience!" Well said, Benny! I guess I need to go back to praying for more patience, which I seemed to have a plethora of this afternoon and evening. I need to learn to spread that throughout the day!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Aren't children wonderful! They are so forgiving when we make a mistake.

barbara said...

Doesn't get much better than that. I like Ben's definition of losing your temper. He's such a cutey. And it's good that Annie asked what you were talking about.