Seach The Maas Family Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chocolate!!!!

All growing up, anytime my grandparents came to visit, they would bring chocolates to our house. They were divine chocolates, with the most incredible vanilla center and a fabulous rich milk chocolate coating. (Some had dark chocolate, but my sister and I would peel off that yucky bitter dark stuff and just eat the yummy centers...hmm) As I grew older, I learned much better when was a good time to sneak these from the fridge. And, I LOVED as the other kids got older and left the house=more chocolates for me!!! I learned these fabulous pieces of Heaven were called Fannie Mays, made in Chicago with a store in Florida.

Well, there is a chocolate factory less than 7 minutes from our house...that does tours. We signed up and went today to see how Harry London chocolates are made...and how FANNIE MAYS are made!!! They are now under the same parent company, and both goodies are created in this heavenly store. The smell when you walk in the doors is overwhelmingly sweet. Wow...it was yummy. The tour itself was okay - not as fun as others we've been too but incredibly informative at the same time. I was surprised that so many people work on the assembly lines to create the chocolates! We walked out with some goodies to try at home and a special little treat to send my brother-in-law. The test will be if he actually eats them or is too bitter to enjoy them. hehehe...
Fabulous time, followed by an afternoon of outside playing! Now the kids are attempting to 'camp' downstairs in sleeping bags. The attempt comes from my little mischief-maker bothering her two older siblings. Time to take her back up to her bed. Let me know if you can hear her wails from where you are!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ooooh. We'll be all over those in Chicago.

Jamie said...

Fannie May chocolates - hmmmm - the memories...

brian said...

did somebody say Chocolate?
YUM!