Seach The Maas Family Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mitchell Moments

 This little guy...it's so much easier to laugh and roll my eyes at his antics instead of getting frustrated and mad like I did with the others.  Maybe I am actually mellowing a bit!!!  Mitchell loves to eat bananas...and knows how to climb on the oven to reach them...and has learned to open them...all in the matter of about 8 seconds!  One day he had FOUR!  And then I started to freeze them to use in my shakes instead of having out on the counter for snacks...

Below, Annie was throw up sick for a few days in October - like, threw up in her classroom sick.  :(  This day she just layed on the kitchen floor while I cooked and did dishes.  She and Mitchell watched the chickens and teased them with food.  Poor chickens!!!
 Sweet Junie B.  Mitchell is simply amazing and can, for the most part, catch any of the chickens.  When he comes up to them, they squat down and stay very still.  I think he is unpredictable enough, they know he will just run over them!  Love watching the joy on his face with his little pets...
 Couldn't find Mitchell anywhere...he escaped...again...to see his friends...  One day recently, in freezing temperatures, I couldn't find my little guy.  Found his socks and shoes just outside the back door.  The clothes were next to the coop - I found a diapered 2 year old happily playing inside the coop, under the warmth of the heat lamp.  Awesome...best part was we needed to leave asap to take Emily to Girl Scouts so he came mostly-naked in the car, not smelly like roses!!!
 On Annie's last day of being sick, some friends came by.  She was thrilled for a chance to hold Baby Julie, who arrived one day before my birthday!
We got news on a late Friday afternoon that Andy passed the Ohio Bar exam!!!  While he was doing some church visits, we decided to get out the china and make a nice dinner.
  Complete with our silverware and names...
 After dinner, we had mint dirt cake (a minty twist on a family favorite - that was devoured!).
With a silly picture - love that Mitchell goes straight for the treat and Andy works to prevent that!

No comments: