Seach The Maas Family Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Time For School

Annie started Kindergarten, and Ben began 2nd grade yesterday. Boy, are they growing up! They had the parents come in with the kindergartners for a few hours, so Annie didn't have real class until today. Anyway, yesterday we did a few classroom things, talked about bus safety, the kids rode the bus, we ate lunch and then talked to the teacher for a few minutes. In the lunchroom, after going through the line while Mom lectured about PLEASE choosing and EATING your veggies. (Both she and Ben did; hopefully I've trained them well enough!)
Mrs. Shearer, whom Annie already adores. I'm hoping to help in the classroom at least every other week, assuming that she needs help. There were over 12 parents that signed up on the list!
We were a bit late getting Ben to school since I promised the kids I would make pancakes but then misjudged time. We got his picture coming OFF the bus!
This is his cheesy smile, right before telling me his day was, "fine" and running down the street to see the neighbor girl who just came home. I did get more details later, but not many! He also really likes his teacher and thinks she is going to be great because she wears modest clothes. :)
After school snacks...this cucumber was from the garden but the inside was gooey, so I didn't send it with Ben. I sent him 1/3 of a bell pepper instead. Emily snagged the leftovers and went to town.
Annie wanted some too!
This was today as Emily and I walked B and A to the bus stop. I did amazingly well today with controlling my tears! Yesterday I was an absolute MESS!!!
Waiting for the bus...
Here we are - bus #10! I need to figure out the bus driver's name since it is no longer Jo Momma (she signed an end of the year card with that, so I know Ben was right!). I told Andy his name might just be Jo Daddy! We'll figure it out. They both came home beaming today, although Ben quickly lost his when Annie pulled out the tootsie pop she got from her teacher today. The competitiveness continues...
Emily and I had a good day, although I didn't get near enough done! I thought the day would drag eternally, but it went by very quickly! The rest of the week we have things scheduled in both mornings and afternoons, so today was laundry and house projects...they didn't all get finished though!

3 comments:

barbara said...

I LOVE your posts. I can't believe how much older ANNIE looks just since July. I guess that 5th birthday does change her a lot. They are both such sweethearts!!

Bonnie said...

Your kids look so happy! I haope they have a great year.

Em Russ said...

hey Lindsey! I just saw your comment and had to come check out your blog. Your kids are so cute (and uhm... how do you get them to eat veggies like that... I'm totally jealous!!) Anyway, so glad you found me so we can keep in touch!!