Seach The Maas Family Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

Loyal Oaks Lake

We went with some friends to a fun, quiet, peaceful lake last week on a day the high was 71 degrees. Ben has found another baby girl to fall in love with: little Gwen! The fish in this lake were a little bit more amenable to being caught, thus the highlight of the day: WE CAUGHT A FISH!!!!
Taking a break from the lake and having a snack, my little sweethearts!
It was a completely fabulous day, until we got home and found massive sunburns. My kids have never had more than a little tinge of pink, until that day. I am still in pain four days later, stupid cool day that messed up my judgement. We DID put on sunscreen...about 3 hours after we'd already been there. Joy...although I'm sure Ben's was worth it to catch those fish!

2 comments:

barbara said...

The kids are so cute! They look like they grown in just the last month! What a cute group.

Jamie said...

That picture of Ben holding the baby - the look on his face - is there anything sweeter - takes my breath away.