Seach The Maas Family Blog

Friday, August 22, 2008

Annie is 3!!!

My sweet little girl is already 3. It really seems like just yesterday I was eating steak at my parents' before calling the Dr. back. Then we head to the hospital because I thought my water had broken. It hadn't, but the baby was no longer breech, I was dilated to a four and she was engaged, so they induced labor around 5:30 pm. Annie was born at 12:11 the next morning. What a fabulous blessing she has been in our lives. She is seriously the sweetest little person with a huge heart - including the full range of emotions that go with that!

Here she is about 14 hours old...3 days - this was our announcement picture we sent out (or one like this; we have about 30)
Tummy time with big brother. Ben could never keeps his hands off her - constantly wanting to touch and love her.
Annie is one!
Annie is 2! (this was the picture I learned that birthday children should have clean clothes on for pictures - even if it is 30 minutes before bed and they are going to get dirty again!)

Here is my sweet princess's 3rd birthday. A wonderful friend passed down this jeep when her grandson outgrew it. To say the kids have loved it is a complete and utter understatement. Notice the friends tied to the front cover - I think they were going camping on this trip.

Emily loves to sit in the Jeep but doesn't like when Ben drives because he pushes the pedal all the way down. Annie hasn't figured out how to go that fast yet!
We had pancakes for breakfast, went to the gym, then headed for the park in the first nice day in the last week. We meet up with our church playgroup and fed the fish and turtles...and the small children that don't yet understand the reason for stale bread to be thrown into the water...





We came home for Emily's nap and watched the Barbie rendition of Rapunzel (pretty good - I didn't fall asleep!) before playing outside more. Then we got our stuff read y to swim at Grandma and Grandpa Doerk's pool because it was HOT!!! The kids and I swam until Dad came over and he swam with them while I made Annie's requested dinner (chicken nuggets). Then we had pink ice cream and opened presents.

We are waiting to have her birthday party until a little friend gets back in town and after labor day. Pictures to follow in a few more weeks!!! Happy birthday Annie!



2 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Annie! I just adore her curls.

Travis and Jamie said...

I love her curls too!! Jacob's was curly, but then it all fell out and came in straight as a board. There was hope for Xanders for a while, but I had to trim it because he was looking too wild, and now its straight too. No one to pass my curls on to.:(