Seach The Maas Family Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mailboy

When I was little, we did sugar cookies for Christmas and the melted chocolate molds for Valentine's Day. Then we would pass them to neighbors, the mailman, etc. Last year we were able to deliver cookies to Andy's home teaching families, but that is as far as we got! So, Sunday afternoon I decided it was time to do the Valentine's tradition - knowing Ben would love this. When my mom packed up her kitchen, I received the molds (sorry Nan!!! You can send me your kids when they want to do them!) and needed to try them out! So, we melted white and pink chips and poured them into heart molds. However, Ben found the Christmas pan with the trees, bells, candy canes, and wreaths. The hearts didn't mean much to him, so he did Christmas shapes. I figured this was appropriate as a Merry Christmas/Happy Valentine's Day wish to our neighbors.

After doing those and dipping pretzels with Annie we made little baggies and took them to 8 of our neighbors. Ben was so thrilled about this part! He got his special bag, filled it with the goodies, loaded it on his bike and rode up to each house, pulled out a goodie bag, zipped up his bag, put it back on his bike and then was ready to ring the doorbell. 8 different times! Riding his bike from one house to the next - just as cheerful to do each one. Annie liked to talk to the three people that opened the door and tell them personal information. Like the university dean that lives across the street who was informed that she can now poop in the potty to get a present. Yes, I actually blushed...

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Sounds good, especially the pretzels! I wish I was a neighbor!