Seach The Maas Family Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Didn't Realize It Before

Okay - call me slow. Seriously. I had an epihphany this afternoon. I think I've realized this before, but I'm seeing now how true this is. We've already decided that Ben is an intense little boy. I am just noticing how intense - we had a fun little Valentine's party this afternoon and after were playing outside with some neighbor boys that are a year older. That's when it hit me!

Whatever Ben is focused on, it is with all of his heart. It doesn't matter what - as long as it is important to him, all of him is involved. If there is a conversation he is interested in, he is louder and closer to your face than anyone else. If you are getting a hug because he wants to hug you, your guts come out because it is so hard. If you play baseball with him, be ready for the ball to come hard at your chest (unless he is distracted and then you better duck!). If there is a book he wants you to read, he catches every word. If you are running around playing guns outside, he is totally in the moment. If he is cleaning the kitchen for me, every surface is wiped. He is totally an all or nothing guy - he is the fastest toy-picker-upper, when he is focused and wants to do it! Hopefully his teachers will catch on a little bit faster than I did!

A friend is doing some vinyl lettering for me on Ben and Annie's wall. "Imagination is intelligence having fun." That is my little cowboy! He's going to be brilliant!!! :)

No comments: