Seach The Maas Family Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another Akron Zoo Day

Today, we did a quick trip to the zoo, AND I brought my camera! We've been to this zoo at least a 1/2 dozen times, but I have never remembered my camera. Maybe subconsciously, I didn't want Ben to have proof that we were doing something really fun without him; he loves the zoo. Since summer has begun, we went to the zoo! Lucky us - it was Celebrate World Ocean Day. Pretty cool stuff! We got a free book and a crown to color. And please no comments on the outfits; I picked the shirts so they all matched. Each child has their own special touch onto his/her outfit!!! Love this rope bridge and have been dreaming of a picture of my 3 kiddos on it for so long!!! I thought they were looking at me when I took it...NOPE!!!
The zoo does have a fabulous jellyfish exhibit...that the kids pretty much run through to get to the climbing wall! They all love it!
To the top!!!
Love those socks, Benny!
They had a new little zoo prep area with play food and little cards telling what each animal should eat. The kids prepare and weigh (on a broken scale) the correct amount of food. Ben and Annie loved it. Emily spent her time mopping the floor. Any wonder why I love that little girl so much???
Even with massive amounts of people at the zoo, we stopped to play in the playground fro a few minutes. Emily insisted on wearing her crown and kept it on for over an hour!
Our final stop at the Eagle's nest, overlooking the bald eagles. We had to massively backtrack to get to it since part of the route was blocked off. The things tired moms do for their children...
Fun fun summer vacation day #2. Really, how can you not love the zoo when it is 71 degrees the second week of June! Time is flying by! Another OB appointment tomorrow and then my ultrasound next week! Can't wait to see this little mover/shaker!!!

2 comments:

barbara said...

Loved the pictures. Can't wait to see the kids in real life. Emily looks like she has grown about 8 inches. Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for posting and for remembering your camera!

Jamie said...

What a fun zoo! I'm glad Ben got to join in the fun, but I'm going to have to talk to that kid about his socks! :)