Seach The Maas Family Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

33 Months Later...

 Mother's Day 2012...waiting in the auditorium...plied with treats, books, and electronics (until the show begins)...
 90 minutes later (after many speakers)...we finally catch up with our favorite post-JD student!  No longer is he just a candidate for a JD/LLM in Intellectual Property degree (he walked 2nd during graduation because of the joint degree - after which we semi-patiently waited for the many other students to walk...), but a newly graduated student!  Yeah!!!!  We joined many other graduates and their families for a reception in the foyer (and outside on the concrete where spilled food isn't much of a concern) with veggies, fruit, cheese, and delicious cake!
 It was now almost 5 pm - we'd been at the school since 130, with minimal nap for out little 18 month old friend - he did absolutely fabulous!
 The rest of the munchkins - posing happily in the bring sun.  Love these kiddos.  They have been so incredibly supportive and patient these last few years.  We are all so glad to have this time behind us and look forward to...studying for the bar!!! 
 Well, at least the studying doesn't start until TOMORROW morning...we'll enjoy our bread while it lasts...Home for a few games of corn hole and swinging in the hammock, then off to bed for school tomorrow.  Happy Mother's Day to me!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe that could have been us! CRAZY! Congrats Andy, and to you too Lindsey for sticking with it and supporting him. You're an amazing lady and I'm so happy that I moved to Ohio so that I could meet you. I really hope you guys are doing wonderful and that I'll get to see you sometime again. You guys still need to come to the cabin so you better plan a trip to Utah so that you can come! Best of luck in your future endeavors and hopefully we'll see you sometime in the future! OH and I called you a month ago, so if you ever get time to have a small chat with me, call me! Miss you lots!