Seach The Maas Family Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

April, Belle, Cafe

I had the most wonderful opportunity to go to Pleasant Grove, Utah, in April.  My oldest niece was Belle in the play of Beauty and the Beast.  My nephew was Lafou (Gaston's sidekick) and another niece was a village girl/invention.  When Addy got the part of Belle, I told Andy that I needed to be there.  He reminded me the play was during his finals.  I again stated that my niece was THE LEAD, and I needed to be there.  With help from such wonderful friends and a loving husband, Mitchell and I flew across the county for 3 1/2 VERY full days and nights...poor little guy had completely irregular naps and bedtimes.  Although, he tended to sleep before the play instead of during it, which wasn't the plan!  (Grandma holding Mitchell with Bronwyn loving on him.)

One afternoon my sweet friend Jen and her little Jax came to visit us at my sister's house.  Jen is one of my favorite friends who helped me survive our first year of law school.  It about broke my heart when they moved back to Utah!

OH, this girl!  She is just amazing!!!  I couldn't watch the show without tearing up about 12 times each show (and I saw it 5 times!).  She is the most amazing actress and just gives her all.  Then she goes into the foyer to great little fans (and big fans) smiling for another 30 minutes, getting down on the floor with them, asking their names, and just being herself!  She is truly just like Belle!

The Beast, Mitchell, Belle, Gaston

No, my little Addy isn't that much taller than me!!!  She's a sweet little 2 year old that is super obedient and just wants to please her favorite aunt! 

Mitchell had a quick bath in the sink (prior to having a haircut that he hated being held down for!).

Roman and his silly girls.  He was absolutely FABULOUS and stayed completely in character!

Belle with another admirer; we have a lot of these pictures.  I was amazed that Addy never seemed to tire of the constantness.  She got up early each morning, went to school, had a few minutes to eat 'dinner', then off to do costumes, mike checks, and everything else, 'ending' each night after 10:30 - then home to hang out with us!  Oh, she needs to come and visit me!  They all had incredible stamina.  Poor Bronwyn had one sad moment - it was about 11pm as we drove home.  Mitchell was overtired (shocker?!?) and just cried in the backseat next to her.  Nothing would calm him down in the car.  I had never heard him cry like that (he's typically a pretty calm little guy) either and it was heart-wrenching!  I look back and Bronner had tears rolling down her checks too.  This little one has empathy...

Saturday my oldest sister had some things she had to do, so Grandma and Aunt Jamie took the girls shopping.  We were at Old Navy for over 2 hours - no lie!  I'm not a shopper, but after about 15 minutes, I dug in and got different sizes, gave my opinions and and helped my nieces maximize their cuteness!  It was another fabulous part of our trip!

Nancy met up with us in times to have Olive Garden, a definite family favorite!

Then back home to show Nancy the clothes and all the different combinations.

This is my little Cosette.  She decided not to be in the play this year but she worked the lights most nights.  Another gem of a girl!!!!  I sure hope my little Annie and Emily become as sincere and kind and faithful and loving as these girls are!!!

Oh, as much as I love my sweeties, Lumier was my favorite character in the play! 

Saturday night, after the 11th (I think???) performance.  Although, the Belle had to shuck the hot hair. 

Uncle Ned teasing Mitchell with the flowers; this game continued for a long time!

We had an after-show party on Saturday night at my beloved Cafe Rio.  It was the perfect end to the experience!

Addy and I shared a salad.  Some lucky guy had better be preparing himself well for this girl!

Time for church!  Addison was in charge of getting Mitchell ready; although he wasn't helping much!

Roman took whatever time he could to play with Mitchell, who never lacked for playmates.  Such a fabulous trip!!!  Thank you Andy for letting me experience life in the theatre!!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

It was SOOOO much fun getting to see you when you came! But LINDSEY!!!! that is a terrible picture of me! thanks ;). Thanks for sharing about all the fun you had on your short trip.

JoshandJen said...

awe, sniff sniff I miss jen so much too! I cant wait to see her again out there! what a fabulous trip you had, how exciting to be able to go and watch that, belle is beautiful, you sure have a gorgeous niece!