Seach The Maas Family Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Creative Play

My friend and I trade babysitting with our 3 year olds, so every two weeks, we have a free afternoon. This week was so fun! The kids had a snack, not to break up the day but because they were hungry - all moms of play dates will understand that one! This was the fort they built - although neither one thought it was big enough. Why is Jensen shirtless? Well, at the beginning of the day, I was doing dishes when Emily asked me if they could play dress-ups with changing clothes (as kids have gotten older, we've had to set a few more rules on dress ups!). I said yes. I heard them talking in the playroom about ballerinas with swords and knights with goggles. Emily comes out in Annie's ballerina costume. Then, Jensen comes out with his voice muted because he has a knight mask on. "I need help!" I turn to look, and he's got on a mask, a shield, holding a breastplate, and a cute pair of little boy boxers! I helped him switch the shield and breastplate and told him that he can keep his clothes on. His response, "But I want to play dress up too!"

Sure - sorry, Angie, I let him run around in his underwear for a little while. He did have on a shield and breastplate though! AND SOCKS! He stayed warm... After dress ups, he didn't want his shirt back - thus the forts without the shirt! Such cute friends - although they don't really like each other until they start playing. It's quite the interesting relationship!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's all I can do to keep clothes on that kid at home even if he's not playing dress up!

Jamie said...

hahaha - this just makes me laugh.