Seach The Maas Family Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Surprise!!!

Wednesday is our church playgroup. Last week was my turn to host. I was running a little bit behind (finishing sanding a dresser and then showering), so I didn't get the house completely cleaned up like I would for a normal hosting of this activity. I was also getting everything packed for our trip the next day and had to prioritize. Thus, all counters filled with stuff, dishes filling the sink, etc. I figured people could just look past that. Well, 9:30 came and went. 9:45 - I'm dressed and ready and quickly sweep from after breakfast. Then, it seems like most of the people show up at one time. With food. And presents. Surprise!!! We had a fun baby shower...for me! I, of course, had no make up on and started tearing up a bit (welcome to pregnant world).
After make up - before food. I have to say, I think this was the most fun playgroup we had yet! Angie emailed everyone and got it all set up. (After having to reschedule it from the week before because I went on the field trip with Annie's class. Oops!) A bunch of people came that don't always make it out. We just had a great time chatting and eating while the kids ran around. It was a beautiful day, so a bunch of the boys played outside.
Very very fun!!! Thanks for planning and organizing! Baby will love all the treasures! I love all the friends!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We love you, too! Thanks for being a good sport about hosting your own baby shower at your house :) You're awesome!

Jamie said...

How fun!!! Glad it was a fun suprise...even with dirty dishes in the sink.

barbara said...

I'm so glad you have such a great support group in OHIO!! I love the cake, too.

K8 said...

Aww! What fun!