Seach The Maas Family Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Coconut Fun

For some reason, Ben has really wanted to buy a coconut to cut open. One day I had to run quickly into the grocery store. Ben brought $3 with him to buy a coconut! We couldn't cut it open that day, so it sat above the fridge for a week until we had time to enjoy it. Finally, last Sunday, we cut it open! He and Andy drilled a hole in the top and got out the 4 oz of liquid. Apparently the milk was still sweet (I wasn't brave enough to try it). The best part was after Andy cut it in half with his machete! We scooped out the meat and all enjoyed that. Then, Andy and Ben got out my trusty Pampered Chef tool and shredded it to have on our dessert that night!
Everybody loves COCONUT!!!
Someday when we get to go to Puerto Rico and have Andy take us around, we can really drink from a coconut and all Ben's dreams will be realized!

3 comments:

barbara said...

Looks like alot of fun. Do you remember all the coconuts we opened up when you were a kid? I love fresh coconut and pomegranates. I don't remember liking coconut milk, though.

Jamie said...

How much fun for the children to experience that. I still remember the first time we cut a coconut open.

Heather said...

Oh I love that boy! He makes me happy.