Seach The Maas Family Blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

Peaches

I was going to go into a big long story, but I've done a lot of posts tonight and I have to be up in 6 1/2 hours, so this will be short and sweet. This is my new friend Heather. Her husband is going to law school with Andy but is not in the same section and thus not in any of the same classes. We met at a Spouse and Significant Other night during the first week of school. Turns out they are from Utah and LDS (along with another really fun couple) but just aren't in our ward. My kids LOVE her little boy who is almost 2, especially Emily. She and baby Jack got to stay for dinner and her first canning experience on Friday! I found some fabulous LARGE peaches, so we canned and made some jam. We just might have to do it again one night this week.... By this time it's about 10pm, and I am sure dragging a little bit. However, canning with a friend is SO much more fun and our conversations kept us going!
Success! Yummy peaches and peach jam. SO glad everything sealed, no jars broke, and a clean kitchen! (Notice all of the pictures in the background are crooked. I purposefully put pictures low enough for Emily to see and touch. She LOVES them! She will walk through the hall and touch people and excitedly tell me who they are. Thus, why one frame is down for me to put it back together...)
Thanks, Heather! So much fun! Can't wait to eat them - starting mid-November! Anyone else for canning???

7 comments:

Amy said...

You inspire me. Really. I'd love to learn more about canning. Thus far I've only done jam. Do you have a pressure cooker?

Unknown said...

I can't say Thank You enough. I needed break a friend and learning something new and feeling like superwoman really made my night. Plus PJ thought it was funny how late I was out. It has been a long time since I have been "out" this late...I loved it!

Unknown said...

Oops! I am using PJ's computer and I didn't know he was logged in. It says Perry but know that it really is me.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a job well done. Your peaches look really great and I'm very happy that you've found another friend! I think you're really liking OHIO. bmd

Anonymous said...

Sis. Maas, you are always doing fun stuff I have never jar anything and just by reading your adventure makes me want to jar something I have to learn how to do it and have fun. I miss you so much you are a fun person to be around and always very positive. I am glad to see you making a home wherever you go and also helping people wherever you go
thanks,
Juanita

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything Juanita said. Plus, you have very beautiful children. Mom

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

You know me... I LOVE canning. Yes, it's work, but so rewarding! Way to go on getting those peaches put up!