Seach The Maas Family Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Whilrwind Weekend

I think I mentioned before going to Utah. My 3 nieces and one nephew were in the play 'You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown' and my mom, sister and I were able to flew up for a quick weekend to see it. Wow! Just typing the title brings some of the songs back to my mind!!! The play was just incredible. Amazing!!! I really hope next year I can come again! Besides being wowwed by these incredibly talented kiddos, we had a great time just playing together. My b-i-l took care of meal planning, cooking, and most of the cleaning, so we just got to PLAY!!!

This is my sweet Cosette who is coming next week to stay with us - until she is ready to go home! These are my sweet kiddos...with two of their friends. Oh...I miss Utah...
We are family...
Playing outside in between shows. This is where I learned that snowboarding is probably NOT my sport...
We were trying to decide what to do to stay busy. Since everyone wanted to do different things, we each wrote our ideas on a piece of paper. Each activity drawn would be enjoyed by ALL of us - for 30 minutes! First was Anderson Park! Below is Peppermint Patty (aka - Addy) with her fierce Duncan!
Then we watched Bronwyn's movie - Sleeping Beauty? I can't remember!!! (I quite enjoyed my weekend doing four things - eating, reading, playing games, or sleeping.)
My pick was next - playing games, but we only got to enjoy that for 10 minutes because it was time for the star performers to get ready again! We finished off the night at the Purple Turtle - care of Grandpa who wasn't able to make the trip with us...
Sorry, Nan. I had to post this..too many memories! We played a super fun game called Curses. "Get your hands off me lucky charms!" I have not laughed that hard in a LONG time!!!
Thanks sweet kiddos; I loved coming to visit you!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh - what a fun weekend! It makes me still laugh looking at that picture of Nan!!!

Jen said...

ohh...Purple Turtle, oh how I miss you already! Maybe it's a good thing I'm away from Utah, maybe I'll loose some weight being away from some of my favorite local fast food places.