Seach The Maas Family Blog

Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Busy Weekend

First and foremost, I am a fabulous mom. A better mom than I was yesterday. Wait - let me back up a bit. Friday night we went to the members only event at the Dallas Zoo. We had a great time and I will post some pictures later. We rode the dart train and missed out on great amounts of TRAFFIC! Yippee! It was fabulously fun, but a late night for the kids.

Saturday was Ben's soccer game. I stayed home with the girls for much-needed naps - only to miss Ben's first (and second) goal! My cute little boy scored! My mom said a few people in the stands said they, "needed to watch out for little number 8!" I'm so sad to have missed it! Saturday night was dinner group at church, so the kids were up late with Aunt Jamie babysitting and after we came home we all watched the end of the Mavs game.

Sunday morning Andy has meetings starting at 7am. Annie wakes up somewhat happy but just gets honeryier as the morning goes on. We finally make it to church, which starts at eleven. Around noon Annie is laying in my arms like a baby (totally Atypical). Her body went heavy and her eyes close. I'm thinking this is going to be a great church day because I was going to get to cuddle Annie! All of a sudden, her body tenses and she throws up - all over me, the bench, the bag Andy puts next to us. Thankfully the closing song was just beginning, so I got up and walked out with my head turned away. I took Annie outside, stripped her down and am just standing there covered in barf - not so good. However, I am a great mom because I didn't throw up too!!! Last time I was holding Ben when he threw up, I joined him and Andy got to clean up after both of us! What a day!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

So gross! Good job for not barfing too.

Unknown said...

Yuck! It's never fun to be puked on, unfortunately it's part of the "Mom" job description...one of the parts I must not have read