Seach The Maas Family Blog

Monday, April 9, 2007

The Egg-ngineers Dream Car


















We had a ward Easter activity with dinner, an egg hunt for the kids, and then a pine-wood derby type car race to carry an egg for the BIG boys. Andy and Ben spent most of the day Saturday working on their special car.
I must tell you this was definitely a community car. We "borrowed" some 45 records from a friend, got the bumper idea from an other friend, the colorful paper from me, and I know someone else gave another idea, but I can't remember who...
So, the races began and the first car Andy and Ben reaced against was a 7-8 year old. In my mind I thought, "Oh poor kid - I hope it doesn't hurt his feelings if he loses." THEN, I thought, "Andy would be devasted if he loses to this kid! We better not lose because we spent alllll day on this _____ car!!!"
Well, the evening went better than expected. Thankfully, Scott (the boy Mrs. Morrison), suggested we bring extra wheels in case one broke. Thankfully, Karen had two more records that she was willing to donate to the cause. Because, a wheel did break and they had to do emergency surgery on the car.
It came down to the very end, but, yes, Andy and Ben did win First Place - complete with a trophy! Ben came running over to me - I won! I won! It was priceless!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a fun Easter! I'm glad they had an activity for the "big kids"!
~Michelle