Seach The Maas Family Blog

Friday, January 18, 2008

We Built This City

For the past week or so, songs have just been popping into my head. However, I am great at remembering one-liners but not the entire song unless it was something I've performed in the past (Under the Sea, Ariel's Song, etc). So - this morning Andy was doctoring Ben's fire ant bite on the bottom of his foot - one thing leads to another and I start singing We Built This City.

I REMEMBER the first night Andy and I met at a Ward Prayer in college. After chatting for 30 minutes we went to dessert at a couple of apartments down the street. One guy knows I love this song and BLARRED it from his radio (he would put it on everytime we came over). Andy stole my heart when he could sing all the words. Of course, he has no recollection of this event and can't remember the words anymore, but I have to listen to it today. SO - before Andy left for work we all danced around the living room singing, "Tony plays LaBamba - Listen to the radio, don't you remember..." It was great and Emily looked at us like we'd all lost our minds!

So - my two all-time favorite songs have to be this one and Africa by Toto. Music really doesn't get much better than that - at least in my opinion!

And yes, Ben quickly returned to being a normal 4 year-old boy the next morning. He continues to test limits but also helps and wants to please. Such a hard life to want to do so much but not be able to!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I LOVE that song!! My sister & I used to have the record & we would listen (and sing loudly) all the time!!

Ashley said...

How funny, 'Africa' is my favorite song. Jeremy took me to a Toto concert for my birthday last year. They sounded great but definitely do not look the same.

Becky said...

When I was in elementary school I remember loving that song. I had it on a tape and would listen to it over and over. Drove my Mom crazy. Great minds think alike I guess!
-Becky