Seach The Maas Family Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bragging a Bit

WOW! My little Ben has matured leaps and bounds over the last two months! It seems like he made the transition from caveman world to human society overnight! Add to that his extreme behavior tonight, and I really don't think life can get much better. Our day today - Ben went to school, I went to Target and bought 5 pairs of shoes (not paying more than $4.98 per pair!) among other things. Ben came home on bus. We drove downtown to meet Grandma and Aunt Jamie for lunch at Chilis - fabulous meal with the BEST waiter we've ever had! I don't think we've done lunch since last Fall, so it was great.

The kids fell alseep on the way home, so I called one of my bestest friends and we chatted for over an hour while my children slept in the car. They woke up and rode bikes outside - they went into backyard to play in newly finished sandbox. Then we went on a walk - with Emily in the backpack and Ben and Annie walking - down to the creek path to feed the ducks. Walked home, finished putting dinner into the oven while kids returned to the sandbox. Gave kids bath and put them into pajamas.

While I put finishing touches on a FABULOUS dinner (if I do say so myself it was just incredible!), Ben was not to be seen. I finally caught him running through the kitchen. "What are you doing, Ben?" "Just picking up!" He picked up the entire house and put everything away - even the three phones that were on the kitchen counter. He knows that drives Andy bonkers, but I seem to collect them all there. Ben was super polite during dinner and made sure that I noticed. I think everything that I have tried to teach him was acted out during this meal. Putting the celery on the edge of his plate because he doesn't care for it, wiping his mouth with his napkin, please/thank you, passing things to Annie, clearing his plate, pushing in his chair, etc, etc, etc! WOW!!! After dinner it was teeth, books and bed! What a perfect day!!! (DISCLAIMER - no, most of my days are not near this easy!!!)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Sounds like a perfect day!