Seach The Maas Family Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Star Performer

The Second Graders had a performance a few weeks ago.  A great friend had won 6 - 2nd row tickets and asked if we would like to join she and her son for the performance.  Heck yes!  It was a mostly filled high school auditorium.  It was delightful to have so many people whispering about us as the kids and I sat in the RESERVED chairs!  Finally (after whispering with the principal), the Music Teacher came over to tell me that these seats were reserved.  Yes, I know - for me!  I told her who I was with and all was right in the world!
 Ben did absolutely fabulous!  He came home from school, did his homework, took an hour bath (he asked for the sweet smelling shampoo), and got ready in his suit.  Such a stud!
 The kids got to choose if they wanted to play an instrument.  Ben picked this big drum (that I can no longer remember the name of).  He also chose to participate in the dance they performed a little bit later.  He did a great job staying on beat and with his footwork!
 I love how he is sitting while they wait for the girls to sing.  All of the songs centered around America and the States.  I really wanted to cheer when one of the kids said, "Texas," but I restrained myself, as I was in the RESERVED seats in the second row!
 The Jackson Polar Bears!  Can I just tell you how much we love our school?!?  They really go over and beyond for the kids!  You'll notice Mitchell screaming - just as he did through the entire performance.  My sweet friend, Cindy (who won the RESERVED seats), took Mitchell out and walked the halls with him while he cried for 25 minutes.  Her kiddo is in 3rd grade, so she didn't miss him perform.  She is a Saint and deserves an award!!!  (The show started at 7 and that's when this little guy goes to bed, so I knew it was going to be rough, but I didn't expect it to be that bad; although, he slept A.W.E.S.O.M.E. when we got home!)
Great job, Ben!  We all love supporting you!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You should have cheered for TEXAS! Great job Ben! You look so handsome.