Seach The Maas Family Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2009

One More Thing

So, I still laugh out loud thinking about this. In college we used to have this silly joke that 'Joe and Angie' were coming. "Joe and Angie who?" Then someone else would answer, "Joe Momma an' ya' Daddy!" Then we'll all bust up laughing. I know, fun college co-eds!!!!

So, the first few days of school, we are constantly peppering Ben with questions. One day we were talking about the bus, and I asked the bus driver's name. (I am laughing so hard right now I've had to retype this about 3 times!) Ben answers, "jour mama." Andy and I look at each other. WHAT??? Again, he answers, "jour mama." Such mature adults that we are, father and mother are trying so hard NOT to break into laughter. "Ben, do you mean like this 'Joe Momma?'" "Ya - jour mama!" I asked him again a few days later just to make sure. Same response.

One of these days I need to take the extra time to ask her personally what her name is because it CANNOT be 'Joe Momma!' Maybe it's 'Momma Joe' and he got confused???

Joe and Angie are coming!!!! hehehe :)

5 comments:

kristie said...

Funny. I don't remember that joke. Maybe it didn't work with us because of Joe's name!

Heather said...

Kids are so funny! I am curious to hear her real name now. Hey tell Ben I found 2 Egypt books I plan on letting him borrow to read. I think he will like them. Any time that is best for stopping by?

Lindsey said...

Kristie - it did work with Joe's name! I got many a giggle out of that too. We just changed it to 'Joe and Kristie are coming' - said with a twangy southern accent. :) I don't think we ever figured out something fun to go with your name though... Oh, the things we do for cheap thrills!!!

Amy said...

Erin, Eden, Melanie and I talked about Joe & Angie all the time in high school. I bought Melanie and I matching shirts a couple of years ago that say, "Your Mom Goes to College."

Unknown said...

AAHHHH! HA HA HA!! I totally remember saying that at the Belmont! So funny :)