Seach The Maas Family Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My New BEST Friend!!!

I'm so excited to tell you a little bit about my new BEST friend! His name is Tommy. He's become my constant companion in the car. He likes all of my music. AND - he doesn't even care when I change my mind; he just works with me and plans around my decisions. Occasionally he tries to unbuckle out of his seat, but I just put him back in with a firm reminder. He listens to what I need and obeys almost instantly. I say thank you to him when he is kind. Tommy has saved me precious minutes and helps me to be happy by finding ways to make my life easier. "Want a Target - here it is! Need to find playgroup - here you go! Oh, you haven't been on this road before? Okay, just go the way you want and I will still take you to your final destination. Oh, you want to add one more errand because we have the time? Just tell me what store and I will get you there super fast!" Tommy, you are now my dream come true!!! Tommy is my new GPS, and I love him!!!

***To illustrate why I love Tommy so much, I counted how many different roads I was on while taking Ben's school folder to him this morning that he forgot - NINE. Yes, the school is about 1/5 miles away and I have to make NINE turns. THAT is why I love Tommy - he also saves me money from printing out so many darn Google maps! AND - (because my husband set him up specially for me), he has a sexy English accent! :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I have a similar friend in my car and I don't know what I would do without him! I haven't told you and I was meaning too, how much I loved the other evening. It was wonderful to be in your home and play games and just have people to laugh and hang out with. I loved being there. Basically anytime you want to do something with or without the kids I am a GO. Or something after everyone is in bed...basically if you need a friend named Heather, though not as helpful as a Tommy, I am in! Thanks again.

Karyn said...

I had a TomTom too, I can imagine that it would be invaluable in a new city! Unfortunately it got stolen the other day :( Glad to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Linz, you are so cute! I love you!

Amy said...

I got one a couple of years ago and LOVE it. We take it with us when we travel and never print maps these days!