Seach The Maas Family Blog

Friday, September 11, 2009

Misguided Charlotte...

"Well, I wish Jane success with all my heart; and if she were married to him tomorrow, I should think she had as good a chance of happiness as if she were to be studying his character for a twelve-month. Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of VEXATION (good word!); and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life. "

And just look how you ended up, Charlotte Lucas! LOVING this book!!!


PS - Sorry about last night's posts. I think the five hours of sleep each night is finally catching up! With regards to sleeping Ben, I checked on him after freezing some peaches and he had turned somewhat so his head was on one step, his bum on another, and his feet stretched out in front of him. Daddy carefully carried him to his bed where he slept until 5:15! It's going to be a LONG day!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you cover him with a blanket so he would be cold? (You know who)

Lindsay said...

Oh I just finished this book and absolutely loved it. To answer your questions: my dad is the mission doctor for the N America East Area and Ohio is part of their area. 500 days of Summer was good, but is still in the theater. It's so good to hear how you guys are doing!

kristie said...

I just read that book. We must be on the same wave length. I had finished watching the A&E version of P&P for the umpteenth time, and decided I should maybe read the book. I love P&P. Joe, on the other hand, doesn't get it.

I am glad that Ben didn't end up rolling down the stairs.