Seach The Maas Family Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Off to School!

Here is our cutie law student! He was up at 5:30 and getting ready to go! (Notice the pretty plant I got at our neighbor's garage sale on Saturday.) I don't know why he already has tired eyes and the semester is just starting! I love Annie's face being so silly!
This is the castle that Annie got for her birthday and we spent over two hours putting together yesterday! So, Ben just had his birthday and constantly wanted to play alone with his toys. I reminded him over and over that when Annie got her birthday stuff, he would want to share with her. Yesterday, we were almost done when Ben tells Annie, "We can play with this together - just you and me. That is my birthday gift to you - for us to have alone time playing with your castle." Also, this morning (after he woke up before her to play with it), "Hey Annie! Remember we are going to play with this together for our alone time. Because that is my birthday gift to you! Remember? Won't that be fun, Annie?" I wondered how he thought he was going to get to play with this so much....that kid!
Here is the front of our house and part of the gigantic yard; I'm taking the picture from the mailbox! It already needs to be mowed again!
Sweet Ben was totally ready for the day and didn't seem nervous at all! We walked to the bus stop (about 6 houses away) and waited for about 10 minutes. He climbed right on, told the lady his name, and picked a seat! Annie, Emily and I decided to go and visit some friends while we were already in the stroller, so on our way over, we saw Ben two more times as the bus picked up other kiddos. Love that boy! Can't wait to hear about his day! Both of their days! (And yes, this is the same shirt he wore for his first day of kindergarten as well. He told me today that is going to wear it every year for the first day.) :)
On another side, Andy and I both have new callings in our new ward at church. I will be teaching the 9-10 year olds and Andy is team teaching the 6-7 year olds with a dental student. We are both very excited to be in Primary! Ben thinks it's pretty much the greatest thing ever! Hopefully Annie will do okay with it, as this past week we had to bribe her with gum to go and sit with her class on the front row!

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

I totally understand the bribing Annie part. I am Primary as well and me and my whole presidency each have a sunbeam - as well as the music leader, and two other teachers - let's just say there was a lot of sunbeams being bribed the first few months of the year!

Jamie said...

That little Ben is such a stinker! Too smart for his own good, but he does look SOOO grown up for his first day of 1st grade!!

Anonymous said...

Loved this comment. I noticed in the castle picture that all of the accessory pieces were in fron of Ben and not Annie. Older brothers!! He looks great for a first day of school. Mom

The Cass Crew said...

Love all the trees and the huge yard you have! Seems like a beautiful place to live!!