Seach The Maas Family Blog

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another Time Consumer...

This weekend blueberries were 'priced to sell' at the wholesale produce place downtown. That is $2 for a 12 pk flat. By the time I bought extras and a friend ran back down to get more, I ended up with 172 6 oz packages of blueberries - I paid $28!!! Our family LOVES blueberries! So, the time Andy and I weren't running kids around or at the temple on Saturday, we washed, sorted, and froze blueberries. My freezer was already full because of freezer meals this weekend, but it is now packed with 10 gallon bags of beautiful blueberries!!! I think we might have our year supply...
And - I was nervous that I wasn't going to be able to preserve them all before they went bad, so I shared 42 packages with others. I still need to take some to the gal I visit teach, some back to my sister (I froze hers for her), and make two batches of blueberry jam to teach another friend. I'm hoping to end up with 6 bags leftover! I love preserving food in its prime!!! Here's to great deals!!!
**If there are any fabulous deals on Valentine's and you would like a piece of the action, let me know and I'll send you an email next Friday morning - assuming you live close to me :) **

2 comments:

Jennifer Pauga said...

I wish I would have gotten in on that deal!! If you find anything next week give me a call or email. Thanks.
Jen

Anonymous said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Farrah