Seach The Maas Family Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snow Dumping

Andy loves Ohio. He loves the snow and feels like a kid again. He is more excited to go and play in it than the kids are. So, when we woke up ten days ago to over a foot of snow, he was so excited! Especially, after 2 1/2 hours of shoveling when a sweet neighbor can and plowed the rest of our LONG driveway! The snow cave is being reconstructed! Lots and lots and lots of snow. Annie hated it because the snow was so high, it would cover her boots and sneak inside. I have that covered now! I gave her some bigger ones and Annie's to Emily, so everyone is happily covered...except me (but I don't whine as much as the kids do). This is the leftover from the snow plow - you can see from about 2 feet from where Andy is standing to the road - would have taken another 4 hours!
This is the front yard; our fire hydrant is completely covered.
Carving out the guts of the cave!
They put water in a circular sled and let it freeze overnight. After church on Sunday, they put a 'window' in the cave. It is so awesome. We ride on a sled to get in. Our entire family was in the cave and could have easily played cards or a board game. I can completely stand up and Andy almost can. It is seriously AWESOME!
The pathway to enter...
Standing on the inside of the cave by the window. They also poked air holes throughout the cave which also let in light.
One of our rules is they can't be in there without an adult (Andy) and he is back to being REALLY busy, so we've come up with lots of other outside activities - snow balls, making a slide, finding the fire hydrant, knocking off icicles, etc. (Although I think the fun came from building it, not necessarily playing in it. I think they need to camp inside it because it is surprisingly warm inside!) I even got dressed warm and playing the snow Saturday; it was a blast. We had a great time. Now I've just GOT to find some snow boots that feel good. It's been fun, but we were SO SAD that Aunt Jamie's flight was cancelled and she didn't get to visit for Valentine's Day. It was Ben's first one without her. :(

8 comments:

Borton Family said...

That is some cave. I wish (kinda) that we had that much snow. Ben looks like he is in his element.

barbara said...

Loved the snow house/fort. It looks really cool! I can't imagine how much fun the kids had making it. Cold is not so bad when you're young but it is realy bad when you get older...

The Cass Crew said...

THat cave is awesome! My hubby and Tatum would LOVE to do that. They were so excited with the 9 inches we got last week!

Heather said...

Hey! This sounds like so much fun. I love the idea of the window I am seriously impressed. Please understand I really miss you. I have a new phone and just realized I don't have your number. Please call me. I would love to come and play. Or even watch chores :P

Amy said...

Love the cave and the window is awesome. I wouldn't expect any less from an engineer. Let me know when you find boots you like. I'll need some too!

rabnerfamily said...

That is so cool! I am so glad you all had fun working and playing in the snow. We enjoyed the snow we had but it was nothing compared to what you have.

jocie said...

that is amazing!

Anonymous said...

1.We can offer all kinds of jordan shoes. We offer safe delivery and best service,low price and good quality.

2.We have excellent customer service team, which could solve online various problems about air jordan we provide in 24 hours.

3.We have perfect Logistics system, which guarantees all the ordered air jordan shoes are delivered to you in good shape as fast as possible.Communicate with us.You will be very satisfied! Hope we can do long-term business in near future.

Welcome to our website for more details.

http://www.usa-jordan.com
Michael Jordan Shoes
Air Jordan 1
Air Jordan 2
Air Jordan 3
Air Jordan 4
Air Jordan 5
Air Jordan 6
Air Jordan 7
Air Jordan 8
Air Jordan 9
Air Jordan 10
Air Jordan 11
Air Jordan 12
Air Jordan 13
Air Jordan 14
Air Jordan 15
Air Jordan 16
Air Jordan 17
Air Jordan 18
Air Jordan 19
Air Jordan 20
Air Jordan 21
Air Jordan 22
Air Jordan 23
Jordan 6 Ring
Air Yeezy
Air Yeezy Shoes
Air Yeezy New style
Wholesale Fishing tackle
wholesale name brand clothing
Puma shoes