Seach The Maas Family Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

My New Weight Loss Program

...mowing the yard twice a week. It's huge. We have a little tiny push mower. I have a blister my palm from squeezing the handle down. I know..wahwahwah. I am very glad to have a large yard. It would just be nice to have some of that nice sod we layed down a few months ago. And not to have the last 10 feet go uphill. And not to be rained on while mowing. And not to have to avoid all of the little toads that hop just out of the lawnmower's way. And not to have to discipline Ben and Annie for purposely killing the frogs by stepping on them. What an afternoon. So HAPPY it was a THREE package day! I really needed that. Hopefully my new weight loss plan will work - it definitely raised my heart rate, especially when I started jogging while pushing the mower because my shirt was soaked, I couldn't see very well from the rain (apparently we were having a tornado warning but I don't have TV yet, so I didn't know that), but needed to hurry and get the last bit done!

As a side note, we met Ben's teacher today, and she seems great! I sure have been praying for him to love school and enjoy his class. She is about 6 feet tall with a huge smile and made cute little cupcakes for each of the kids with a bumblebee on it. I have to admit I was very teary on my way home, overwhelmed with thanks for all of the blessings we have received in the last few weeks. Some friends tonight aren't ready for school to start yet, but I can't wait. Partly because my house will be more quiet, but school is so FUN! I love checking Ben's folder each day and seeing what he is learning. I love the whole idea of learning new things and doing projects and running around in PE. It's always so exciting for a new year to start! Hopefully I'll still feel this was a few more weeks into the school year!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so happy for school to start too! I think the kids really enjoy being out of the house and spending time with all the other children.

Anonymous said...

I hope she (the 6' tall teacher) stays as fun and exciting for the children. Ben will love school even if he says he hates it. I can relate to the yard deal - - it will be good for you. But, watch out for the tornadoes!!! Hope one of the packages was from me... Mom