Seach The Maas Family Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wonderful Sunday!!!

I've had the best day!!! First, Ben and Annie woke up and went to play in the living room and let Andy and I sleep in until 7:15!!! Then Ben was in such a super mood and cleaned up the living room and his room! He was so cheerful all morning - very thankful and happy. Then we just played legos most of the morning! Whenever Emily is sad, Ben will ask her if she wants to sit on his lap, which is displayed in the picture below. I even got an almost uninterrupted shower while Emily napped and the two older kids continued to play.

Church was fabulous. Keeping all three kids quiet and happy is sometimes quite a feat, but we were early enough to give Dad hugs before doing to our bench. We've been working a lot this week on reverence - thanks to a tip from an old friend - and it seemed to help a little bit (that and a gum bribe...). And LOVED the testimonies today - especially from Anthony. What a great ward we have!!!

Sunday School was amazing also! I'm going to the Teacher Improvement class with more of my favorite people (I have a lot of favorites...) and we just could have stayed on this lesson topic for another hour. Teaching by the Spirit. It was fabulous!!!

Then I got to have a wonderful dinner with my sweet parents and sister. The kids never want to leave, but the day must come to a close for their growing little bodies. They love the individual attention!!!

To top off my fabulous day, I went visiting teaching and had a wonderful time. I have a new companion because my last one moved, and although I didn't know her at all, I think we will work very well together. I love each of the women I visit, but our last sister is one of my very favorite people! She was having a big family get together, and as we drove up and saw all the cars and the cousins running around the front yard, my heart just swelled up with love for families! My mom's family used to get together the first Sunday night of each month for FHE. As we lived in Texas, we didn't get to take part in this event very often, but tonight it felt like Grandma's house again! For some reason, my tongue was tied and I couldn't get any of my Spanish words out - totally forgot all my greetings, but smiles and hugs do wonders. Thanks, Juanita, for sharing your wonderful family with us too!!! So glad to have such a great beginning to this week! Now I need to be patient and get through this next 9 days. And yes, I believe in miracles!!!


*Sorry for the lack of posting; busy last few weeks and I have sooooooo many awesome pictures, I don't want to have to make decisions about which ones to put up! March has been crazy!!!*

No comments: