Seach The Maas Family Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

December Happenings

We had a family home evening to decorate our Christmas tree.  We had Popcorn Papa (awesomest popcorn store EVER that I worked at during high school) cheese and caramel popcorn that I brought back from Texas. 
My little decorators.  They love Christmas.  Wish I got more into it because they would love it, but most of the time it just seems like more and more work for me.  This year we didn't even set up my village...  One of these days, when I have more room to set thing out and less little fingers with a mind of their own...
Our Christmas party at church was really neat.  We split into groups to learn how different countries celebrate Christmas.  I loved learning something and keeping the kids AND adults engaged! 
It was a lot of work for those involved, but we all had a great time!  Annie was picked to be Mary in the Mexican nativity.  Andy stole a friend's baby - and yes, that is his boss in the decorative outfit, so thrilled to be there!  ;)
Basketball - how much to say...  Ben is the little one on the left of the white jerseys.  This was a really rough season, for all of us!  Even though he enjoys the sport, he would rather focus on soccer and baseball.  Andy and I whole-heartedly support that decision!!!!!!
He loved playing against his friends - this is Jacob, who played on his team last year.  Even though he doesn't have the best shot, Ben is an awesome defender!
We got to babysit a friend's little one while they went to a work Christmas party.  The kids were so sad because Kade was NOT waking up.  I let them stay up a bit late so they could watch me feed him a bottle when his eyes finally opened.  Such a fun time - it was wonderful to have the energy to enjoy this little 3 week old baby.  This is a really rough age for new moms because you are completely exhausted and wiped out, help has ended, and your spouse is back to the job focus.  It was amazing for me to not be tired and get to love on such a little tender spirit!
Then I got to cuddle with a sweet Mitchell-baby.  He wakes up looking for about 2 minutes of cuddle time, which I just cherish!!!
Santa's little helper.  This kid - love him when he wants something so he will work so hard to make his momma happy!!!

No comments: