Seach The Maas Family Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reason #782...

...why I love my husband. He thinks outside the box.

Two weeks ago, I went down to change the laundry. I pushed the button on the dryer; when I let go, the dryer didn't continue. It just stopped. Ummm, you were JUST working when I came down because I stopped you to take out the sheets. Come on, DRYER!!! Like the great person I am, I tried again and again, and yet again with the same results. Then I went to my surefire way to fix things, "ANDY!!!!"

After many hours on hold with Sears, poking around on the internet, and baskets of clothes piling up, Andy decided he could try and fix this. Apparently Sears has increased their service fees, by about double since the last time we had them come out! We (okay, I just want to be a part of the process!) knew what the problem was and what parts were needed, so Andy ordered them, bypassing the service fee.

Two days later the parts came! 11:30 at night Andy gets home from school with bloodshot eyes, looking completely exhausted and goes to open the package. I didn't want to give any unwanted advice like, "Please don't break my dryer!" because it was already broken! He pulls out a computer chip and his eyes kind of shine. (Um, my husband is a civil engineer and works with large pieces of material, NOT little tiny things that go into computer-type machines.) I finally speak up, "Do you have any idea what you are doing?" Nope! But he's ready to try, with that same somewhat unnerving gleam in his eyes! I just kept reading about Abraham and Isaac...

11:52, I hear the dryer moving constantly and footsteps coming back to my bedroom. I look up to see a huge smiling face on my tired handsome husband! Thank you for fixing my dryer and only costing us $95 and 22 minutes of actual hands on time. I love you!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go Andy! I am super impressed.

barbara said...

Good work, Andy! I'm glad you got your dryer back. That's one appliance it's hard to live without!!