Seach The Maas Family Blog

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve

We had another fun day with last minute shopping trips. However, about 4:45, we were all ready for our annual Chinese night! My parents started several years ago to take us out to a Chinese buffet on Christmas Eve, then lights, then caroling to our favorite friends. This is one tradition that Andy LOVES! Then we came home to do our Nativity, which the kids were so excited about! They have been practicing all week their costumes to be Mary and Joseph - with my white kitchen dish clothes and my headbands. Dad was wicked King Herod and the star. I was the shepherds with my pet sheep. Emily was the wise men with her gift. Annie was Mary while Ben played the part of Joseph. Joseph took great care of his donkey (the step stool) and even made it a pen with an opening/closing door.
The wise man reallllly wanted to hold Baby Jesus, but Mary just couldn't give him up! Either she was holding him, or he slept in his manger (the other step stool turned upside down). It was a great night, but the kids were so exhausted, they went to bed without putting cookies and carrots out. Dad kindly took care of that for them!

6 comments:

Ashlie said...

So cute! I love it! What fun traditions!! Hope you are doing great!! Thanks for the cute card!!

Heather said...

I have loved reading all of your holiday posts. I have totally slacked and promise to do better. I miss you and can't wait to come and play. Ready for visitors yet? I hope yesterday was wonderful. Merry Christmas. See you (or Ohio) in 4 days.

Amy said...

Love that King Herod wears shades. Very cool.

Lindsey said...

Heather - you can come over anytime! I'm sooooo ready for you to be home! Amy - makes him seem more 'in charge.' At least that is what we told him. ;)

barbara said...

I really love what you post on your blog. It makes it not so hard to be so far away. The kids looks terrific doing the nativity. You'll always love looking back at these pictures. Keep blogging!!

Nonie said...

It looks like you are all at home in your new abode. So glad that you had a fun, fun, meaningful Christmas.