Seach The Maas Family Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

O-hi-o

Heigh ho the dairy-o, we made it to Ohio! Yippee! This is our 3rd night in our new home and the kids were asleep by 10:20, the earliest night so far! We are unloaded (thanks to our fabulous new ward that came over last night after the stake priesthood session) and working frantically to unpack and get somewhat organized before Andy starts his "Academic Success Initiative Program" that starts tomorrow night. Yuck; I'm realizing how much I DISLIKE unpacking! I'm having big issues with the kitchen because I just can't decide where to put what. I'm so sad that I no longer have two pantries...or even one pantry...and my sad breakfast dishes have been sitting in the sink for two days since we also lack a dishwasher... :) However, it's an adorable house with a somewhat scary shower downstairs that Andy thinks is do-able. The plumber is in the process of moving the house from well-water to the city water, so as soon as that is done, I will scrub the tubs and sinks to remove the rust stains! So many things to do...! I'll take pictures as soon as the computer is set up. I'm happy to report that we do have a firepit! We still need to put the stones around it, but this is such a lifter since we had so much fun with ours at home. AND I didn't get my last fire in, so the s'mores stuff is packed here somewhere! Maybe by next week it will be unearthed... Last, but not least, my Texas friends - yesterday was the hottest day of the summer so far...at 91 degrees!!!! We turned on our a/c, not because it was hot but because of the humid stale air! More things to post later...like our story of getting stuck on a roller coaster at Six Flags...

5 comments:

Nonie/Mom said...

So glad that you are there - and safe and sound at that. Don't know about the roller coaster though. Looking forward to your new address. My love to all!!!

Borton Family said...

It is good to hear that you guys made it their safe. I can't wait to hear the story about Six Flags. Miss you girl!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're in cyberspace again. I miss your blogs almost as much as I miss you and your family! MOM

Joey Pauga said...

Congrats on the safe travels. Keep in touch.

jocie said...

so glad you have landed after all of your fun adventures. congrats on the new house!