Seach The Maas Family Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hesitation

Ben has been after me for at least a week to decorate for Christmas. He is SOOOO excited to put up the trees. He LOVES Christmas! So, this afternoon, I took a deep breath and got the tubs out of the garage to put away Thanksgiving. Ben and Annie helped me dust (which unfortunately only occurs when we change decorations) throughout the house. Since we don't normally put up any Christmas anything until Andy comes home because the decorations are so high up, it was a real treat that I was able to slide the trees out.

We have two Christmas trees; one is small and all ornaments can be touched, the other is Mom's and Dad's and is not touchable. While I was putting on Journey (somehow the Christmas CD from the other night is missing), Ben got a knife and opened both boxes - without me knowing. He is so quick to just do what needs to be done! :( :) (mixed feelings there) I told him it was his job to do the kids' tree and he got right to work! Then he helped me with the bigger tree because each branch goes in separately.

As much as I have been dreading this because it is normally very chaotic - this year it was really fun! No one was too naughty, and we just had a great time! I think it helped that we were only working on the tree and not the decorations at the same time. It only took us 7 Journey songs to put both trees together! Thankfully we ended just before Cyberchase came on because my patience was waning.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, if only I could get my boys to stop touching the tree! Not that our ornaments are anything exciting, but it would be nice if it would stay decorated all over! Great idea to have a kids tree and a "no touching" tree!

Em said...

How fun. yeah, we put our tree up on a table between our couches so that Jake wouldn't be able to get to it, and then a few days later he learned how to climb up onto the couch and it's kind of a constant battle, but it's cute to see how mesmerized he gets by the lights and the ornaments. It will be a miracle if all of our presents stay wrapped until Christmas day. :)
i love on another post how you put that they were sitting together and "eating." I feel that way sometimes about my 3-year-old. He and his friend "ate" exactly the same way on Thanksgivign day: a few bites of turkey and mashed potatoes, very excited about the idea of pie but actually only ate one bite, and then at about 3 pm ate a full cup of yogurt. My one-year-old out eats my 3 year-old by about 10 times.
Anyway, cute family! Tell Andy hi from us and Merry Christmas!!