Seach The Maas Family Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I little love poke

Well - reason for sore throat has been determined. Strep, just as painful as I remember - although it's never been so bad as to be offered two shots before. I can't even think of the last time I got a shot! I should have asked for my pertussis booster while I was there!

Thankfully (?) my sweet husband is also sick so we have shared duties today - I took kids to school, he picked up Annie and took she and Emily to library. I came home twenty minutes later from Dr office to find him crashed on the bed, so I fed girls lunch and put Em down for a nap and will put a movie on for Annie that will allow me an hour nap as well.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my dr. If the shot doesn't work (works 3 out of 4 times), she also gave me prescription and one for the kids in case they get it in the next 48 hours. For some reason, I can't get sick at the beginning of the week. I have to wait until the end, so that if we need to go back because medicine isn't working, it would be an after-hours call.

She did give me a dirty look that I didn't come in two days ago. The nurse could even tell it was strep just by looking at it. I just hate paying the silly co-pay and then for a prescription if it will go away on its own! Oh well - maybe I will start answering my phone again tomorrow..if people are lucky! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the chocolate on the floor. "But, Mom this is so much fun. Just like a chocolate sand box." A girl after my heart. Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. Keep warm and toasty.

kristie said...

Hope you get better soon. I hate strep! I have got it the last two years in a row. I had it twice one year. I love the shot!

Tell Andy to feel better soon too. It is no fun to try and be a parent when you don't feel good.