Seach The Maas Family Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

We had a great holiday yesterday! We had a church picnic and then went swimming at my mom's house. This was the cake we made for the church potluck. No one would eat it. But Ben and I did have a lot of fun making it! When he did the lines at the bottom of the cake, he wanted them to be curly, so they would be cute like Annie's hair. How sweet can you get??? My little Emily is such a doll! I love the back view of her in swimming suits!
Annie is decidedly a fish! She loves the freedom of a life jacket so she can go where ever she wants, but the underneath strap left a burn on her thigh from two days before. I let her wear it for about 20 minutes. When she started walking funny again, I had to drag it off her cute little body. "But I can't swim without my life jacket!" However, this little girl can swim! She can hold her breath about 1/2 the width of the pool and just kicks and kicks!
Ben likes to jump in at the side and swim to the steps.
Emily LOVES the diving board! Annie kept jumping off it, so Emily just thought she could too. Except, Emily just likes to stand and bounce. As soon as someone comes close to her, she quickly sits down and is really hard to move! This was her hesitation...is Aunt Jamie close enough to get me??? She's surprisingly fast!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

What a cute cake and I love Emily's bathing suit! Looks like a fun weekend.