Seach The Maas Family Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

Ben's Bravery

I posted last time Ben was asked to give a talk in Primary - it was a disaster! He was asked to give another talk for yesterday. I spaced it until Sunday morning, when we finally sat down to write it out. I was in Young Women's when they came to get me. Ben was worried that I wouldn't be there in time. He did so great! I said the first line and one in the middle and he said the rest. I think hearing his voice in the microphone was a little bit unnerving, but he did it! Here is his talk:

"Today our prophet's name is Thomas S. Monson. He teaches us how to live with God again. He says, 'in your home to serve one another' because that is like serving God. I serve by helping my family. When my little sister Annie was sick, I would bring her blanket to her. I serve my mom by coloring with Emily and by doing the dishes. I serve my dad by shoveling dirt and raking leaves. I know when I serve my family that Heavenly Father is happy with me. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

He really wanted to draw a picture to go along with his talk, so I told him he could draw one of the things he had done to serve. He picked giving Annie her blanket and drew a cute picture. It's a good thing that I was helping him or I would have been bawling in the back. Sadly, Andy missed it... but will NOT miss the next one!

No comments: