Seach The Maas Family Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2007

"I Don't Know"

This seems to be my phrase of choice lately. Mom, why is the grass yellow? "Because the sun is coming through the fence and only landing on that grass." Why? "Because there are little slits in the fence that the sun can sneak through." So, is the sun yellow? "Yes." Why? "I don't know, Ben."

Saturday evening we found a small part of a dead bird on our front yard. Ben has been fascinated with it ever since. Mom, why is the bird dead? "Because it lived a long life." How did it die? "It was probably caught by another animal." But why did they kill it? "Probably because it was hungry." The next day - Mom, is the bird still in our front yard? "I don't think so, Ben." Did it fly away? "No, once a bird is dead it can't fly anymore." Where did it go? "Maybe it got washed away with all the rain we had." I think it flew away; it probably came back to life and flew away. "Ben, the only person or thing that ever came back to life after it was dead was Jesus Christ." Well, maybe Jesus came back to life, he helped the bird come back to life, and they flyed away. "Maybe - anything is possible."

I tell you, where does he come up with these things? He definitely keeps me on my toes and my mind is so mentally exhauted by bedtime! I take several deep breathes during the day to remind myself that he is not asking these questions to be repetitive or drive me crazy but because he wants to learn and has an active mind - right?!? The last week or so, I have been sooooo grateful for 7pm bedtime!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love three year olds? He is so cute. Good luck with answering all the questions still to come!