Seach The Maas Family Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Ben's First Talk

Ben was asked to give his first talk in Primary for this past Sunday. For FHE the week before, we wrote down his talk (I wrote down what he said while he drew the picture to remind him of what to say). We talked about it a couple times during the week - I would get him pictures from the library on Sunday and hold them. Either Dad or I would help him with the words. He continued to insist that he didn't need help and he would do it all by himself - and basically refused to practice.

So, on Sunday moring he went right to the Primary room and sat in the chair at the front of the room for the child who is giving the talk. Andy was trying to leave Annie in Nursery (who was screaming bloody-murder). A friend (or two) were watching Emily so I could help Ben. Emily also started screaming, so I quickly fed her a little bit while the children were singing the opening song. As soon as I handed her back, so again commenced the screaming.

I went to the front of the room to kneel by Ben (who would NOT stand up). He also did not want to hold the microphone or the pictures of Noah that I got. (We planned his talk around Noah and the ark because that is his FAVORITE story - all about animals!) He got this "deer-in-the-headlights" look and wouldn't say a word. So, the choirister held the pictures while I said his talk. :) It was fun!

No comments: