Seach The Maas Family Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas Prep

 While we lived in Texas, I loved taking the kids to Santa's Village each year.  He arrives on a firetruck to a line waiting to see him!  There are over a dozen little houses (with entrances just the right size for little bodies) and Elves galore to help man the houses.  Everything is free (thank you taxes), except the refreshments, which would be very reasonably-priced if the line wasn't so long.  We were able to visit Santa the very last night he was in his Village - yes, I dragged my sisters and nieces along too!  Don't you love Aunt Nancy's and Cosette's fake smiles!?!
 Cutie cousins who escaped the long Santa line...Below - we finally made it into Santa's workshop!
 Oh, the number of pictures I have with this Santa-helper.  He is the BEST!!!
 Mitchell hasn't yet learned the joy of Santa.  I think his eyes are telling me that we're on the naughty list for making Mitchell be there!
 After Santa, the big girls took off for home while Andy and I stayed with the 5 younger kiddos.  I love Rudolph's House.  The kids sit on saddles to have their noses painted red.  (Mitchell absolutely LOVED the saddle and didn't want to get off!)  As you leave, they give you a bag of reindeer food to spread out on the yard for Christmas Eve...the reindeer were fed very well this year!

We were so lucky to see our friends, the Bulls for a Christmas Eve brunch! We sure miss Miss Monica and her two boys. Ben and Alex have been little buddies since August of 2005.  They learned how to interact and share and makeup after fights.  Ben and Annie learned about 'allergies' and what food is okay to share.  Such cute little boys.  I learned about a friend who can help me through ANYTHING and who loves to cook yummy foods and how to be a better mom.  They moved further north just before we moved to Ohio, but we love to visit them each chance we can get!

 This was such a fun time for Andy and Brian to actually visit too.  The kids love to play with the Nerf Arsenal - especially when it is Dads against Kids!!!  Monica taught Mitchell to say 'hoho' while pointing to Santa on the tree.  This past summer, their cute dog, McGee (who realllly wanted to come home with us!) taught Mitchell how to move his little tongue in and out to give kisses.  It was the CUTEST thing!  He has seen many dogs since then, but he's never repeated the action, except for the one afternoon with McGee!
Oh, if one I had pictures to capture each moment.  I am so grateful for my memory and the jogging path that comes when I see pictures!  I just love the Holidays!  And teaching my kids about Baby Jesus...and grown up Jesus...and the Savior, Jesus...

No comments: