Seach The Maas Family Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

An Overheard Conversation

Setting: Annie did something Emily didn't like (which isn't hard to do)

Emily: I'm not inviting you to my birthday party!
Annie: You have too.  Family gets to come.  Besides I'm your best friend FOREVER.
Emily: No, you're not.
Annie:  Yes, I am.  Mom says that we will be each other's best friend, so you have to invite me to your birthday party because you always invite your best friend to your birthday party.
Emily: Okay; you can come.

*So glad that at least something I'm teaching them is sinking in!!!*

5 comments:

Vallen Family said...

Aww, that is sweet. I love it :)

Amy said...

Cutest thing ever. Record that in their journals for sure.

Nancy McArthur said...

That is such classic 'sister speak'! And sweet Emily is so forgiving...give her a squeeze for me.

Jamie said...

If that's one of the only things that sink in, you are teaching them an important lesson! Love those little girls!

barbara said...

Absolutely love this conversation. You'll want to keep it to "replay" it many times to them!