Seach The Maas Family Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Freezer Meals

I have greatly missed my freezer meal group from Dallas. It has been semi-fun to cook most nights, but I've really missed just pulling something out in the morning and sticking it in the crock pot without having to put much effort into the planning. So, a few of the law school wives and I made a few meals. While we cooked, the children played (I mean dumped) with the toys!!! They had a great time! Five little kiddos, 3 1/2 hours, and ZERO fights!!! Then we saw the playroom and spent another hour cleaning the toys. It was all back to perfect before Andy got home that night because we knew where everything went. (He spent Christmas break organizing the playroom and labeling tubs; LOVE IT!!! A few friends keep asking to borrow him, but he's not done organizing me yet!) We still had snow and since I didn't have a cooler set out, I just put my meals on the snow until we were down with everything, then took them downstairs to the freezer! It was great and I didn't worry about food spoiling!!!
Thanks Ladies! Let me know when it's time to do it again!!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I miss freezer meals!!

Jen said...

I think I'll be good until I get back from the summer in Utah (did I tell you it's a for sure thing now? If not, it is). But as soon as I get back I want to do more, I LOVE them. Clint's only request is less chicken but I think he's pretty crazy. Let's get together soon. Miss ya tons.