Seach The Maas Family Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Everything Else

We loved each family having a HUGE two bedroom condo. There were four per floor, so we had the entire floor to ourselves. Whenever we were awake, each door would be propped open, so cousins just roamed around. At this moment right before bedtime, kiddos are watching a few minutes of a show... Another evening we went to feed the koi.
Our family took the ferry to Balboa Island. Once a month the nautical museum does a storytime for children 2-5 years (of which I happen to have THREE!), and it happened to be while we were there!
We had a lot of fun walking through the museums after each child made a boat. The puzzle table was a big hit!
One afternoon we spent at the pools, with fabulous chairside service. I don't think I have ever had such a yummy $7 virgin pina colada!
The water was so cold, Emily and I only made it about 30 minutes before she was shivering and I was uncomfortable!
The big kids stayed down at the pool for another couple of hours! They found a friend to play with (I can't remember his name right now, but I'm sure any of my nieces would!) and had a great time if these smiles are to be believed!
Another morning the adults went to a session at the Newport Beach Temple while Grandpa, Aunt Jamie, and JJ watched the little ones (2-13 years). Amazingly, the woman next to me in the session had lived in Dallas and knew some of the same people! These next few got out of order, but I am way too exhausted right now to put them back! This was on our way home, either just before or just after my maiden voyage to In-n-Out burger.
Packing up our room - JJ 'happily' posed for some pictures for us - notice the owie on his forehead.
This was the view from our room. We slept every night with the sliding doors and windows open. It was just incredible!!!
Right before we were to leave, my children all crashed. Granted, Ben had a fever, but the other two were just exhausted. It was a great trip!!!!
Thanks Mom and Mike for all of the wonderful memories and working so hard for so many years to make it finally happen!!!

4 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

You know a trip is good when everyone is completely exhausted by the end. It is a sign that you came, you saw and you conquered.

Michelle said...

Hello friend! For some reason I don't have your email address, or when I try to email you on Facebook, it won't come up. I don't know much about facebook though. Email me and I will respond with all our new info. We are liking Texas, but it is hot y'all!

Michelle said...

Oh, this is Michelle. :)

Robot Pirate Ninja said...

I guess it's official then.

Take care.