Seach The Maas Family Blog

Friday, August 15, 2008

TRYING to be prepared!

Tomorrow is Ben's birthday party -early in the morning- so I am making the cake right now since we have plans tonight. Not only did Annie go at it with a spoon while I was putting in my laundry, now I have no powdered sugar!!! (I have a little bit, but not near enough to frost a cake!) I take care to have my 'fun' pantry stocked with a few essentials - brown sugar, powdered sugar, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, muffin cups, etc. When it is on sale, I buy a lot - typically around the holidays. Somehow the white bits of heaven got overlooked! Now I must drag 3 children to the store at 4pm!!!

I debated just using Marshmallow Creme because I still have two containers that Andy hasn't devoured for NutterFluffers - but I don't think I could put a cowboy and cowgirl on it...

Here's to moms everywhere who have to run to the store at the last minute to get 'just one thing!'

2 comments:

kristie said...

Totally understand. Fortunately for me, Joe has the kids today while I get to run errands. It will go a million times faster. Post a picture of the cake!

Josh said...

Lindsey, Hi, this is Josh Black. I'm trying to get a hold of Andy. Do you have his number? OR have him give me a call at 801-330-9083. My email address is joshuasblack@gmail.com

Hope things are going well for you guys.