Seach The Maas Family Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mr. Independence!

Ben and I decided a few weeks ago it was time for the training wheels to go. They kept turning on our walks when he'd go fast and just seemed like a pain. We've been working on it in 10-15 minutes increments. A friend suggested starting them going down a slight hill to get some momentum. We started with that, but he did much better riding in the dirt in our front yard (because we killed all of our grass...on purpose). Once I figured out that he needed one pedal always on top, I taught him how to turn his tire to accomplish that. Now he is even more sturdy that he was with the training wheels! Dad got to see him for the first time Sunday night - being a a daredevil on the church ramp behind our house! Way to go Ben!!! He likes to go off the edge instead of straight down the ramp like he used to.

I figure if I can teach him to ride without the training wheels and jump off the diving board in a week - reading is going to be a breeze...right... I'll just go back to eating my warm chocolate chip cookie with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream and dream about the future!

No comments: