Seach The Maas Family Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bloody toes and other such tales...

We had the best afternoon swimming at the local pool! Ben and Annie loved it so much that their poor tender toes rubbed the ground, and they began to bleed after we got out of the pool! It is a zero-entry pool, which means it is like a beach and then slowly goes deeper. Ben could go out halfway and still be touching the bottom. He has swim lessons this week and next and is in LOVE with the water! He is now all-out swimming underwater! His proudest moment was this afternoon opening his eyes under the water - this is something we have been working on for a LONG time because he insists on wearing goggles at Grandma's.

Annie is very sad to not be taking swimming lessons. She loves to follow and do EXACTLY what Ben is doing, including following him into water that is too deep. I am working with her to put her head under the water and kick until she can stand up. Emily just keeps going until she begins to floats because the water is up to her neck! It's a real feat to watch all three at the same time, and I am VERY thankful to have such wonderful friends who help keep watch on my kids!!!

I took girls to Girls' Camp yesterday and was so sad to leave! They are staying in the cabin that I stayed at my very last year of camp. We had such a great job and Marianne did an incredible amount of planning and directing! Oh well, my time will come, when I don't have 3 little kids waiting for me at home! I was so excited to learn that with my van loaded up and pulling a full trailer, I still got 20.5 mpg! I typically get 13 mpg around town, so that revises my hope of any sort of summer vacation this year! We had totally ruled it out because it costs me $1 to drive just under 4 miles (when gas was $3.50)! Maybe we actually will make it to Sea World and San Antonio after all!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Girls Camp memories are flooding back! We did have a fabulous last year, didn't we? I have always loved serving in the YW and Girls camp. This year, I hope to make it out to ours for Bishops night, but with a nursing baby, we'll see.